The best looking ecomm site in the world is useless if it is set up to drive traffic from both Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM). Analytics can prove to be an endless rabbit hole of numbers, but there are some top level questions you should ask yourself when setting up products or looking to optimize your existing product mix.
1. Are you leveraging your site’s historical data to influence content?
2. How does product organization and categorization effect SEO?
3. Are you investing in SEM such as AdWords or Pay Per Click (PPC) advertising?
4. Is customization of meta information necessary at certain levels or can this be automated?
5. What social channels are used by your customers and how does this influence customer retention and acquisition?