Fulfilment and shipping are, in the truest sense of the term, delivering on your brand promise. Once the sale is made, delivering the product requires internal coordination and external communication. Some major issues to address include;
1. How is your distribution managed and how does the website integrate into the existing system?
2. Is inventory stored in a 3rd party logistics company? How does your site tie to their system?
3. What’s the chain of communication with the customer after the order confirmation? Is it necessary to have a tracking process?
4. What shipping options are available? Is it based on weight? Dimension? How are multiple products shipped?
5. How are returns handled for the customer as well as internally?
These logistical challenges are just one piece of the ecomm puzzle. Download our comprehensive guide to ecommerce for more thoughts on creating and maximizing your ecomm program. If you have a specific fulfillment challenges, drop us a line.